November 06, 2011

Shark-Bites and Grape-Toes

While I don't really have an issue with shark-bites or grape-toes, there are plenty of things I need to work on to make my life drawings better (I just thought it would be a cool title for this post).  The main thing I need to focus on is closing up the gaps between my line-work (surprise!) and add more contrast to my drawings, as currently all my lines are getting on the dark side, where the cookies are.  Getting better at shorthand hands and feet is also on my to-do list.

Getting my first life-drawing portfolio back was fantastic.  I really like knowing what I have to work on, and looking back at my drawings, it definitely makes a lot of sense.  Here are the ten drawings I submitted.  If you look closely, you can see the red circles around the areas I need to work on.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome!! I would have never guessed some of those circled parts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same. I wasn't expecting some of the circled bits either, but it makes so much sense now :)

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete