Yup, an upshot of a striped tiger sidestepping: no big deal (extreme sarcasm). I've never done something this hard and I had a lot of difficulty drawing the tiger from this angle. Part of the reason I went with a tiger was because I wanted to force myself to learn more about feline anatomy, which worked out well. I had quite a bit of group-film stuff to work on, so the action analysis became kind of a side-project during the last two months. Whenever I had some free time to work on it I would slowly progress this thing, hence my friends started naming this "Tiger Forever". Anyway, I have a lot of people to thank for this assignment. People helped me by explaining how rice paddies work, how to get more appealing poses, how a cat would act, what colours to use, etc. etc. The list goes on and on.
I did a lot of little character development drawings at the beginning of semester 5, so I put a bunch of them together here:
Then here is the workbook for the layout. I made quite a few changes in the end, but it was a start.
Concept drawings for the final look of the whole thing:
Then the rough layout. This one changed quite a bit before ending up with the final version.
The animation itself took the longest.
Originally the tiger was going to be a white tiger, but since the whole thing ended up being an upshot, I figured it was better to show the tiger's belly as a separate colour for readability. And then suddenly the tiger became orange! It actually worked nicely with the colour scheme of the background, the final painting of which is here:
I ended up breaking this down into about 50+ levels, meaning After Effects was not too happy with me. Neither was Photoshop, actually... Oh well :)