June 18, 2012

Magical Zoos and Speedy Drives, 3

To be precise, the ride wasn't exactly speedy, but it came close: we missed our exit, but everything turned out fine in the end.  So yeah, went to the zoo again to draw more animals.  I'm starting to fall more and more in love with the Africa section, because it seems to have most of my favourite animals to draw in it.  It's easier to see their structure, since they're not so fluffy.  I spent a lot of time walking around in the zoo last Saturday, so I didn't get as many (acceptable) drawings.  I did try to draw some penguins, although it was super crowded and all the penguins were underwater.  Actually, the zoo was really packed with visitors last Saturday.  Probably because schools were out.  Anyway, I don't want to ramble too much, so here are the drawings for last week.

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful again. :)

    Another place you may want to stay and sketch for a bit is the area where they have a few skulls and skeletons. If I remember correctly they also have some large insects in cages as well. I also think it was close to the gorillas.

    May most favorite animal is the Tiger of course.
    I also love any kind tropical rain forest creature. They are some of the most weirdest looking things around. But that's why I like them.

    Most hated are parasites like mosquitoes, fleas and ticks. Plus any thing that burrows and festers in the human body like worms. Yeah I hate those. No redeeming qualities. :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! Yeah, not a big fan of insects either. I'm happy they're behind glass in the zoo!

      Man, I would love to draw the tiger in the zoo, but sadly the section of the zoo that has the tiger is being updated and will re-open next year with the addition of pandas. There is another tiger, but it can be really hard to see most of the time. Maybe we'll get lucky this summer.

      Hmm, the skeletons might be interesting to sketch too. I'll see if I can jot some down in the future.

      Thanks!

      Delete