December 17, 2011

Semester 1 Final Assignment... Dump!

Yes, I 'm going to post an assignment dump!  Never thought I would do that, but I didn't want to divide them all up.  Here is my work from the past couple of weeks for which I haven't had the chance to upload yet.  Schoolwork kept me busy, and I've pulled four all-nighters in a row this past week (with 3-5 hour naps during the day).  Not the best idea, but I didn't want to submit so-so work.  My dad came by last Sunday to bring me food (CANDY!!!) and wish me good luck for my final week this semester.  Love you mom and dad!  Here's the assignments you guys!

My artist research profile character for character design class (wow, that's a mouth-full).  The artist I choose was Eric Goldberg, and I had fun coming up with a character in his style.  The design of this guy was mainly based on the Genie in Aladdin :)
This is my demo-reel for digital tools class.  I haven't really posted any work related to that class, but this video includes a nice amount of work we did in that class over the semester.


Here's my horizontal pan for layout!  I really wasn't quite sure how to tackle this project.  Especially since I had to pretty much do the entire thing the night before still (aside from the brainstorming process).  I like how it turned out, but if I had done it traditionally instead of digitally, I would have been able to add more detail and objects like I originally planned.  Drawing with a tablet is just... different: it takes longer to get the line you want.  Oh well, here you go:


These are my layout portfolio pieces.  I really wanted to submit more, but this is all I had (time for).  I don't like the ones I did early semester as much as the later ones, but hey, that's a good thing :)  I used two painting-layouts as well, just so I had a few more images to submit.


And finally, here's my ball and tail assignment.  This thing took up a lot of time, so I'm happy I started this one quite early :)  After seeing many other people's, I noticed that I should have kept the tail moving even after it finished its curve over the ball and hitting the ground.  Good to know for the next tail I'll have to animate :)  I don't have much else to say about this one, so I hope you like it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment