December 11, 2015

Ember Process 1

I've been meaning to make these (upcoming) posts for a while now.  I have finally started compiling things together for uploading.  Here's the first of multiple posts in which I put together a whole bunch of (pre-) production work from my fourth year film project at Sheridan.

Let's start with the concept art and pitch package.  This is well over a year old now.  It was basically the thing I put together to pitch the idea to my mentor group.  It has some very early versions of Dart and Juffer's designs.  Originally Dart was a bit older and more serious than what he ended up being.

Here's a preliminary colour concept of the main environment.  Many people said it looked a little bit too ominous, so the final colours became a bit more saturated and leaned a bit more towards a warmer yellow/green hue.

Here's the finalized colour script of the whole film.  There's something really fun about throwing solid colours down with a hard round brush on one layer.  It makes you work with less detail and gets you to focus more on the overall colour scheme.

Previous Ember posts can be found here:

No comments:

Post a Comment